Spinner's the older (but physically smaller and less intelligent) twin brother of Sherman Cortez. He is known for his hacking and video game skills. He, along with Sherman, are from a suburb in Los Angeles, California, but don't plan to return after becoming members of Battle Force 5.
Spinner's the practical jokester of the group and the more troublesome of the twins.
Even though Spinner gets on Sherman's nerves at times, he's a good older twin brother and wouldn't leave his younger twin brother as shown in StormShocker.
Despite irking her early on, they have developed a good mutual friendship over time.
Spinner initially picked on Zoom, calling him "kid," much to his disgust, but after a mishap on Open Mic night, he seems to have stopped that.
Spinner seems to have picked up some of A.J.'s lingo, as seen in Mouth of the Dragon. The two are quite close, making mischief and crazy ideas together as shown on the webisode A Mouth Full of Fusion.
Though he is the older brother of the team, Spinner is smaller than any average 18-year-old. He has spiky brown hair, brown eyes and is tan-skinned.
His clothing attire consisted of an indigo dress shirt with a dull blue undershirt, black pants and black sneakers.
In his BF5 form, he wears a two-toned cyan Shocksuit with a Sentient symbol.
The Buster Tank and both the Brothers's suits and clothing have the color blue. Spinner is more associated with the lighter tints of blue.
Cyan carries some symbolism of blue, ie. balance and stability. This works, providing he is a counter to Sherman. Blue in general symbolizes unity, taking into account the strong bond of the brothers.
- While Spinner was shown to have symptoms of germaphobia in Common Cold War, Spinner was also shown, with Sherman pointing it out as support in Swarmed, to be suffering from apiphobia due to a "summer camp incident involving an outhouse and an angry bumblebee".
- Spinner's gamer ID, "Tijuanagenius", could imply that him and Sherman originate from Tijuana.
- "African hunting skills?" (Frenemy, when Agura says she knows where Stanford is)
- "Uh, bro? Might I add: move it!!" (The Power of Resistance, to Sherman as crumbling debris comes closer to them.)
- "We're entering the Battle Zone. The enemy could be anywhere..." (Shutter Speed, filming his venture)
Conversations involving him
- Spinner: (afraid) Is it safe to show fear now?
- Sherman: (walking by) Go ahead, big bro.
Spinner begins screaming crazily.
- Vert: Spinner, (he stops) think you can hack into one of these things and see what they were programmed to look for?
- Spinner: No problem. As soon as I finish screaming.
He resumes his panic attack. Everyone else laughs.
- Spinner: DRIVE, DRIVE, DRIVE!
- Sherman: (angerly) Drive, Spinner?! You think?! REALLY! Drive!?! Maybe I should drive!